Monday, July 21, 2008

Farmers Market discoveries are more than just Food

I told you about the wonderful Farmers Market at Rutgers Garden. The handmade kielbasi is killer when grilled! But the best part of this market is that everything is local. And the nice thing about New Jersey is that local covers just about the whole state!

While I was at the farmers market this past week, I came across an interesting looking magazine. I freely admit that I'm one of those folks who collects all the papers and business cards from fairs and expo's and conferences. So, naturally, I picked up this magazine, called edibleJersey. After I brought my collection of cheeses, fruits and veggies home, I pulled out edibleJersey. I was enthralled from the cover all the way through to the last page. Informative and entrancing articles are partnered with wonderful photographs to create the perfect picture of the charm and enchantment that

the farms and restaurants of New Jersey hold.

I happened to pick up the summer issue. The style is charming and inviting, with stories of successful vineyards next to information about basil and enticing recipes for its use. This is a true magazine reflecting all the great things in the Garden State.

I could go on and on, but I encourage you to take a look for yourself. edibleJersey is a delight and much needed publication that boasts the good and has something for everyone all over our state.

No comments: