Thursday, March 10, 2011

A New Spring Cometh

I am well versed in the ways of procrastination, avoidance and denial. But when reality comes and slaps you in the face, I can practice those arts no longer.

Spring is coming.

I do love spring, but my inert laziness has kept me thinking - almost hoping - that it would stay away a little bit longer. This morning, the little yellow crocuses blooming in my yard reminder me that spring is on its way and there's no stopping it. So get ready. And so I shall.


Spring brings forth all the sleeping plants from Mother Nature. Chickweed is already starting to grow in the walkway. Trees and forsythia are pushing out little buds, nurturing them to grow and prepare to flower.It really is a magically renewing time.

So I'm looking around the yard and finalizing the plans that have been ruminating around my mind since the first seed catalog arrived. There's lots to do - cleaning up overgrown plants and shrubs, trimming trees, cleaning out the beds and prepping them for their soon to arrive guests, and collecting the items that have blown across the yard.

I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: